Monday, October 11, 2010

Home(o) Opener



I'm pretty much ok with everything in the video at the start. Don't really understand why the brand new, state of the art Jumbotron was passed up in favor of sheets that didn't even touch one another, but whatever. I like how they got the seasons-ticket holders into the video, nice touch, very classy. Problem is, watching Olli Jokinen talk about how he's proud to play for Calgary doesn't exactly get me fired up. Then, about 4:20 in, the Flames pick the song that they feel is going to set the tone for their season.


They will not force us
And they will stop degrading us
And they will not control us

Is this song supposed to be how the Flames are going to start the season, or about how they are tired of being raped? It's probably my personal bias speaking because I happen to not be able to stand Muse (its all that whiny, synthetic guitar), but I feel like there are a couple of songs that could probably pump up a crowd better than some anti-raping song.

Look no further than the two highest rated comments for justification:



If you're a traditionalist, maybe you like yourself some Metallica. This song would also fit the cheesy lyrics criteria that the Flames seem to have, but fuck, at least when James Hetfield is screaming this at me I believe he means it:

You rise, you fall, you're down, then you rise again
What don't kill you make you more strong 

And apparently it would fit the other piece of Flames criterion...
They scratched me
They scraped me
They cut and raped me 

But obviously, picking that Muse song was the organization's way of saying that they were not happy with the way the season ended up last year. And sometimes I forget not everyone is as hard as me when it comes to shitty pump-up music.

Oh, Flames won last night, too.
 

1 comment:

  1. LOL! luv da blog but u guyz shud considr bloggin about fashion n' stuff. like shoes and uggz and wat not!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete